Sunday, October 26, 2008

One Win Away

The Phillies beat the Rays 10-2 in Game 4 and lead the best-of-seven series three games to one.

A win tomorrow night, with Cole Hamels on the mound in Philadelphia, would make the Phillies world champions.

I am cherishing this moment, as being a Phillies phan has taught me that these occurrences are few and far between. And while a much larger event looms just over a week away, a possible Phillies world championship would truly be one of the most joyous - and long-awaited - moments of my life.

A legacy of losing breeds bitterness even among faithful fans like me. But it also makes winning much sweeter, and when good times come along, it's a beautiful thing.

One win. One more win and I'll officially know what it feels like. I have imagined the moment for years. I hope I don't have to much longer.

No comments: