Thursday, October 23, 2008

Gold Star Winner: October 23, 2008

Scott McClellan
Former White House Press Secretary
Author, What Happened

I'm lukewarm at best when it comes to Scott McClellan. I appreciate that he wrote his book bashing the Bush administration for being royally fucked up... but, like, where was he in 2003 and 2004? I, for one, knew they were corrupt ages ago. So did a lot of people. It would have been truly heroic if he had said, back when he was working for Bush, that enough was enough and he couldn't take lying anymore. But he didn't, and I won't forgive him for that, even if he did write a book about it... several years later... which he made a shitload of money off of...

I digress. McClellan gets the Gold Star today for becoming the latest reformed Bush backer to endorse Obama:

"From the very beginning I have said I am going to support the candidate that has the best chance for changing the way Washington works and getting things done and I will be voting for Barack Obama and clapping."

Me too, Scott. Nicely done.

No comments: