Friday, October 17, 2008

Gold Star Winner: October 17, 2008

Sen. Jim Webb (D-VA)
Bad-Ass Mothafucka

Jim Webb is worthy of a lifetime Gold Star simply for unseating the disgusting George "Macaca" Allen in 2006. We don't have those (yet) here at The 'Festo. So, for now, he is simply awarded the daily Gold Star for two quotes he gave today. In typical Jim Webb fashion, they were downright awesome.

Here's Webb speculating that McCain probably regrets the Palin pick:

"I like country music. There was a song about two years ago, 'I knew what I was doing, but what was I thinking?' John McCain is probably singing that song right now."

And here he is talking about the VP debate, in which Palin infamously asked Joe Biden "Can I call you Joe?":

“I was thinking, Joe, what you really oughta do is say, 'Yeah, you can call me whatever you want. In two months, you're gonna be calling me Mr. Vice President.'"


No comments: