Wednesday, October 15, 2008

3rd Debate Recap

I'm gonna make this quick, as I'm still trying to wake myself up from what was easily the most boring of the three presidential debates.

In essence, this was probably a tie, and at this point, tie goes to Obama. I thought McCain actually kinda schooled Obama at the beginning, but after the ACORN/Ayers/you're-more-negative-no-you-are! exchange, Obama really picked up. Obama was incredibly boring at the beginning, and McCain was old and cranky throughout.

In the end, I don't think this debate will do for McCain what he needed to do. He needed that "OMG! I CAN'T VOTE FOR OBAMA!" moment. He didn't get it, so I don't know what he can hang his hat on after this. I don't think McCain turned this thing around tonight. Obama didn't hit it out of the park, by any means, but he didn't fuck up and he came across as a plausible president. Again.

At this point in the game, anything short of a slam dunk for McCain goes to Obama. Accordingly, Obama wins this one. But what a snooze.

No comments: