Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Awards Preview: "Revolutionary Road"

Kate Winslet. Leonardo DiCaprio. Sam Mendes? Is there any way Revolutionary Road won't get at least a few nominations?

More importantly, will this finally be the year that Kate Winslet - five nominations and zero wins - finally wins an Oscar? Gold Derby thinks so.

Keep in mind that Winslet may get her votes split between her role in this film and her starring performance in The Reader, another movie generating some buzz.

Guys, I'm tired. And I'm having trouble linking to people who have actually seen this movie. So I'm just going to throw this out there:

FEARLESS PREDICTION:
Kate Winslet will finally win an Oscar, and she will win it for this movie.

Brendan agrees with me on this.

And since this write-up is so short, take a look at the Revolutionary Road trailer. It seems like it's a 50's version of American Beauty. That can only be a good thing, right? I mean, I'll see it. Eventually.


No comments: